So I've mentioned my favorite
Tabletop RPG character in a past post. And recently I was listening to someone
on Youtube describe their memorable characters. So it came to be that I was
just sitting around thinking about all of my past characters today. I figured
I'd share them with you guys. We'll go in order.
First up is Kutal: A Human
Druid. As a Min/Max choice for the system we were playing, I gave him
Amnesia(long story). Doing so meant that he gained 5 more "flaws"
that he(and I) was not aware of. As time went on he began to remember bits of
his past, like his father and his first adventure, but the kicker was the
"flaws". It so turns out that he has Insomnia, and on top of that if
he did manage to get some sleep it was filled with Nightmares. I liked to
roleplay the Nightmares as fragmented memories of the event that caused his
Amnesia. He walked around like a zombie a lot.
I also discovered a few sessions
in that he was Allergic to Plants, and Allergic to Animals. This was a source
of ridicule from his party members, as he was a Druid. He also had a pet Red-Tailed
Hawk named Tobias(Animorphs reference FTW!) which miraculously never set off
his allergies. I decided that that's why he chose the pet.
He was terrible at dealing
damage, and was easy to hit, but he ended up being a great Controller. He had a
lot of really useful status effect spells and immobilizing vines in his
arsenal. I only played him for 3 sessions, so I still don't know his last
"flaw", but he was a blast to play.
Second was Akara, who I've
talked about before.
Next was Shiori Jesra: A Human Jedi.
Shiori specialized in healing and tech manipulating powers, but had turned his
back on the order. He left of his own volition and no longer carried a
lightsaber as a result. Instead he carried a simple vibroblade.
He had some cool moments, which
includes the time a fellow Jedi tossed him a spare lightsaber so the group
could fight on multiple fronts in the dark, but he was a rather unremarkable
character. His most useful ability was force pushing enemies against a wall so
others could kill them easily.
Then during an encounter where
our party was fighting against Gremlins(from the movie) my friend and I kept
adding dialogue to the enemies because it was fun. The group liked it so much
that they asked us to make permanent Gremlin party members.
Cletus and Rosco were born! I
was Rosco, named for an inside joke my friend and I sometimes used. Nothing too
remarkable about the Gremlins except that the group got a kick out of them.
I also made a female Monk that
was meant to be my combat oriented character for that game, but I never really
got much play time with her. She was a green skinned alien though; that was
interesting.
The next character I played was
for the Dragon Age RPG by Green Ronin. She was an Elven Cricle Mage on a quest
for an artifact stolen by one of her fellow mages turned Blood Mage. She was a
support mage by design, specializing in healing and strengthening her allies.
She eventually learned a lightning spell, but she wasn't a fighter by any
means. I enjoyed her character enough that I plan to write a story about her.
She was also an extremely effective healer.
My most recent character is
Damasei: A Tiefling Swordmage from Neverwinter. He is a master of
Teleportation, and has in fact used his powers to save his allies on many
occasions. He reluctantly serves a Devil, who grants him his powers. He hates
his father and idolizes his grandfather. He is currently traveling with a group
he barely knows on a quest to retrieve his grandfather's lost sword.
The funny thing about Damasei is
that his original party are all dead or trapped in another dimension. The
Fighter turned out to be a shapeshifting spy, the Archer was left behind on
another plane where she was originally born, and the Cleric was slaughtered by
his own god for consorting with Damasei. All of these events happened after the
group picked up an Orc Fighter as a minion. While I'm assured this was all a
coincidence; and Damasei doesn't even consider it an option; I feel it would be
a great end to the campaign if the Orc was really working against the party the
whole time, orchestrating the deaths of everyone to look like random acts of
happenstance.
I have a few more characters I
have come up with that I am excited to play, but I'm currently spending my game
nights DMing so they'll have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment